I am a postdoctoral researcher and the Coordinator for Resource-Aware Machine Learning at the Lamarr Institute. Before that, I was a Ph.D. student in the artificial intelligence group at TU Dortmund University in Germany. There, I participated in the Collaborative Research Center SFB 876, project A1 in which I studied novel machine learning methods for embedded systems and small devices. I received my Ph.D. in 2022 with distinction (summa cum laude) titled “Ensemble learning with discrete classifiers on small devices.” Apart from research, I play badminton, run, and watch too many movies.
- Machine Learning Ensemble learning, model application, submodular functions
- Computer Architecture Architecture-dependent optimizations and code generation, custom architectures/FPGAs, embedded devices
- ECMLJoint leaf-refinement and ensemble pruning through L\(_\mbox1\)regularizationData Min. Knowl. Discov., 2023
- PhD ThesisEnsemble learning with discrete classifiers on small devicesTechnical University of Dortmund, Germany, 2022
- Shrub Ensembles for Online ClassificationIn Proceedings of the Thirty-Sixth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-22), 2022
- TECSEfficient Realization of Decision Trees for Real-Time InferenceACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, Dec 2021
- There is no Double-Descent in Random ForestsDec 2021